I finished the fillets on Chuck's frame and prepared it for carbon joint wrapping. The tubes near the joints are sanded with 80grit to roughen the surface for bonding then wiped down with a lot of isopropyl alcohol.
Here are the head tube and seat tube junction fillets. I made them larger than on previous frames for smoother tube junctions.
New on this frame is the 2X2 Twill weave carbon. It draped well over the joints and will add significant strength.
Here is the finished head tube joint. The final layer is unidirectional long wrapping pieces with a few cosmetic bits to fill gaps.
I finish the first layer with some diagonal fibers for bending and torsional strength.
After a few layers of 2X2 Twill I finished the joint with some more unidirectional.