Friday, February 17, 2012
Weight, Alignment and Fillets
Chuck's frame cured over night and was ready to take out of the jig in the morning. It is starting to look like a real frame.
Glued together prior to adding the fillets, joint wrapping etc it's quite light. Even with a titanium BB sleeve and internal top tube cable guide it came in at 880g.
I checked the frame alignment and how the rear wheel sits in the dropouts. Everything looks good.
I added the fillets to the frame joints using a mix of DP 420 and glass micro spheres. This forms a thick paste that's easy to spread, stays put and makes a light sand-able but rigid fillet.
Next step is to sand the joints smooth then prepare to wrap them in carbon.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)